Friday 15 July 2011

Tutorial: Feather Earrings

Now that we have an earring holder it only makes sense to add some stylish earrings to it don't you think? Feather earrings are all the rage this summer, so I'm going to show you how it's done! Simple but so pretty!

Equipment:
  • Feathers (I got mine from the Michaels, feather picks in the garland section)
  • Earring backings
  • Cord crimps/end caps
  • Scissors
  • Pliers
Step one: Pick two feathers that look similar in size. Cut them down.


Step Two: Cut them down a bit more and strip the top end.


Step Three: Get your end caps/cord crimps and put them using pliers. Press them securely closed.


Step Four: Using the pliers, attach the earring backing to the end cap.


Step 4 (Optional): Now you can leave the feathers like this if you like the length. I chose to cut mine so they were a bit smaller and more tailored looking. Which do you like better? I made some for a friend and she preferred them long.


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you want to see how to make any other earrings please send a link to thetribalway@gmail.com and I will do my best ;)

Have an awesome weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment